I don't do full retail price very well. As a deal seeker, a coupon code scavenger, and a shipping fee dodger, paying sticker price almost physically hurts. Swagbucks is one of the ways I avoid full retail price pain. If you're not "swagging", here's a tutorial on how simply browsing the internet can send cash your way.
What is Swagbucks?
Swagbucks is a search engine just like Google, Yahoo!, or Bing. But when you enter a term to search, "cute baby animals" for instance, you'll earn points, or "Swag bucks", toward gift cards and other items.
Here's what happened when I hit enter after typing in "cute baby animals".
Score 9 Swag bucks for me! These Swag bucks are automatically totaled at Swagbucks.com and can be redeemed for some very useful things such as gift certificates or other prizes, such as electronics, jewelry, toys, housewares and more. If you're thinking, "Eh, the gift cards are probably to places I never shop at", may I offer the following as a mere snippet of the sites where Swagbucks offers gift cards:
- Barnes & Noble
- Dominoes Pizza
and many, many more.
So What's the Catch?
There aren't any true catches with Swagbucks. But there are some things to consider to make your swagging experience as rewarding as possible.
Sort of Catch #1: Not every search earns Swag bucks. It's about every 8th or 9th search. The points range from 5 to 50 points each time.
Sort of Catch #2: The first few links to load will be from sponsored ad sites. The rest of the un-sponsored web results are right below those. Like this:
I'll be blunt; Swagbucks is no Google. If I need to do in-depth searching on a topic, I google it. But if I just want to find something easy like the name of a website, maybe a recipe site, an online store, or email, then I use Swagbucks. And don't tell the Swagbucks folks, but I mentally skip over the ads and go right to the web results, unless what I need turns up in the ads section. Sometimes it does.
How do I start?
Just register at Swagbucks. It takes, like, 2 seconds. Maybe 3. And international deal hunters, Swagbucks is for you too.
How Do I Earn Swag bucks as Fast as Possible?
There are 6 main ways round up the points quick. Number 2 is my favorite.
1) Install and use the search toolbar. When I need to search for something fast, I don't have to navigate way from the tab I'm browsing on. I pull down the drop down menu and choose the Swagbucks search engine. Here's a snapshot of what mine looks like,
The toolbar can be downloaded from the Swagbucks site. Look for the "Toolbar" menu item on the main page after you register.
2) Find "Swag codes" easily on sites like sbcodez.com. These Swag codes are just a combo of letters and/or numbers and can be entered on the main page at Swagbucks for instant points.
3) Follow Swagbucks on Twitter and Facebook to see the swag codes that they randomly give out.
4) Rack up on points fast by participating in surveys and watching sponsored videos on their site. Swag bucks can also be earned by making purchases though their site, participating in polls, or playing games there too.
5) Search with Swagbucks on Fridays. Fridays are "Mega-Swagbucks" days, and the points are even greater on these days.
6) Download the Swagbucks Search App on your Android phone. Any searches you do on it can also earn points.
If you found this info helpful or have other strategies for successful swagging, please share by submitting a comment. I love to read your messages.